50 Interesting Facts And Trivia About Zaira Wasim
1. Zaira Wasim was born on 23rd October of the year 2000 which makes her 17 years old towards the end of October this year.
2. She was born in Hawal, Srinagar, a beautiful city which falls in the heavenly state of India, Jammu and Kashmir.
3. She belongs to the Islamic faith. Her parents are Zahid and Zarqa Wasim.
4. Her nickname is Boo and Zai. Both are what she is still called by her family and friends.
5. She has completed her high school in 2017. She studied in St. Paul's International Academy. She is currently not in college.
6. She shot to stardom with her role as the daughter of a wrestler in the superhit Bollywood flick 'Dangal' which was released in 2016.
7. In October 2017, she created a bigger name for herself through the major role of an aspiring teen singer in the movie 'Secret Superstar
8. She plays the role of a 15-year-old teenager and aspiring singer named "Insia" in the movie 'Secret Superstar
9. Her favorite pet is a cat and she has a cute little one who she loves to play with during her free time.
10. Her secret to happiness is "You don't need to do everything just to be happy. You just need to take care of the people who are making you happy".
11. She may have been bullied during her younger years at school. One of her quotes reads "Nothing good ever comes out of being a bully...".
12. She has done herself and her family proud by already picking up a National award for her supporting actress role in the movie 'Dangal. She has also won the Big Zee Entertainment Award for "Best Child Artist" for the same role.
13. She has barely 120k fans on Facebook as of October 2017. Her Twitter account has merely 5000 fans. This might change very quickly though.
14. She has a phobia of watching herself on the screen. She prefers to avoid seeing her own movies for this very reason.
15. She secretly loves to travel. Her quote about travel reads "Wherever you go, east, west, north or south, think of it as a journey into yourself! The one who travels into itself travels the world".
16. Her acting in 'Secret Superstar
' has received rave reviews from many celebrities including Karan Johar, Rajkumar Hirani, Sachin Tendulkar and Shahrukh Khan.
17. She likes living life to the fullest and has stated that there are two ways to live: you can lives as if nothing is a miracle or you can live as if everything is a miracle.
18. She is somewhat jinxed and is known to like breaking things on purpose or by accident.
19. She loves instrumental music especially the Guitar. She has learned to play the Spanish Guitar especially for her musical role in 'Secret Superstar'.
20. She was first seen in TV ads for Microsoft Lumia phones and Tata Sky TV. This was in 2015. It is rumored that Aamir Khan had secretly decided on her from there itself to play the role in his movie 'Dangal'.
21. She likes writing quotes. One of her recent quotes which has been shared a lot online is "Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are all messed up". Another popular quote by her "I don't have time to hate people who hate me because I'm too busy loving people who love me".
22. She has revealed her own secret to success by saying "Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time".
23. She loves wearing Western outfits and is frequently spotted in T-Shirts and Jeans.
24. She is not completely social and has admitted in the past to be suffering from social anxiety, shyness and poor self-esteem.
25. Although her school principal has played an instrumental role in her success, she has openly stated that she misses not her school but only her friends and the fun she has with them.
26. Even though she has not openly supported the Indian stance on Kashmir, she is constantly seen sharing and re-tweeting things that highlight the beauty of her home state.
27. She spends most of her free time alone in her room, standing in the balcony, listening to music or just relaxing on the bed doing nothing.
28. She has been promoting products and movies endorsed by Salman Khan though there is no clear sign of what connection these two film actors share between each other.
29. Her shyness did not stop her from attending an audition for the role of 'Geeta Phogat' in the movie 'Dangal'. It is claimed that she was selected out of thousands of girls who applied for the same role.
30. Her favorite singers are Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber. Her favorite song is Jealousy by Labrinth. She listens to the latest English songs during her free time.
31. Boo has many Catholic friends back home in Kashmir. She celebrates both Christmas and Easter in a big way along with them each year.
32. She has added INSIYA to her full name on Twitter. Though I'm sure it will be taken off once the movies goes off the big screens. Smart marketing by the little girl though.
33. Her school principal has been encouraging to act in these movies despite initial opposition from both her parents. The principal was also lenient with her bunking classes for her acting roles in her first two movies. How nice!
34. She has posed for a group of beautiful photos shot in the flower valleys at the foothills of Kashmir. Her profile photos are currently being circulated a lot on social apps.
35. Zai loves Selfies. She is one of those actresses who does not mind posing with the common people for a nice little selfie. She has regularly posted a string of profile photos on Twitter and Instagram.
36. She tends to reply to her own tweets on Twitter. One such reply read "The biggest slap to your enemies is your success".
37. She loves listening to music. Mostly English songs are on her current playlist.
38. She is not a typically tall girl. She is already 17 years old but her height is merely 5 feet and 1 inch.
39. She is supposedly 55 kilos in weight though her recent pictures on social media suggests she has gained a few kilos in recent weeks.
40. She has been getting involved in few world issues. The most recent being the spreading of pictures and messages to help with the safe evacuation of Millions of people in a place named Eastern Aleppo.
41. She is very close to the lead actor of both her debut films (Aamir Khan). She has stayed with him in his flat in Mumbai for over 6 months during the preparation of her first film.
42. Her future is bright. Aamir Khan has said that she is the finest actor in the Hindi film industry today.
43. She loves fur coats and jackets. She has been spotted in public wearing fur a few times already. This is not uncommon considering she comes from a part of India which is very cold during the Winter months.
44. She is very forgetful by nature. She has been rumored to have left things behind in Mumbai when she goes back home to Kashmir. Last time, she left her smart phone and wasn't able to get it in her hands for 4 days.
45. She loves to appreciate her fans. She shares drawings and paintings they make of her. She also writes quotes like "The talent that some people are lucky enough to have just amazes me... " for some of them.
46. She is constantly found playing with her pet cat and with earphones inside her ears listening to the latest English hits from America.
47. She is a very fair complexioned Indian girl who's hair is pitch black with matching colored eyes to boot.
48. She loves fast food especially Pizzas. She has once said "Being a pizza delivery person must be great because no one is ever disappointed to see you".
49. Boo believes in the value of a girl's personality more than her face and body. She has stated that a great personality will always make you more attractive than someone who ONLY has a great face.
50. Zaira Wasim has been trying to help poor school children in Kashmir get free books by circulating pictures and messages demanding that people send in their used textbooks, uniforms etc to a particular address.
Audio Book Creator. Life Coach. Soft Skills Trainer. Counselor.
Meditation Practitioner. Food Technologist. Frugal Marketer.
More Gobog Celebrities
More Posts To Read
21 Ways To Make Life Awesome
How To Write A Diary Effectively
42 Reasons Why I Take A Walk Everyday And You Should Too
32 Reasons I Eat Tomatoes Daily And You Should Too
20 Life Tips And Messages That Make So Much Sense
Make Money Online By Being A Blogger On Osovo
The Definition Of Success That No One Ever Told You
100 Short Quotes About Success
40 Ways To Live Better From Today
90 Most Common Signs Of Pregnancy In Women