21 Things For Parents To Remember
1. Celebrate every festival with your loved ones. Do not restrict your celebrations to one religion. Celebrate all festivals. Live a better life by doing so.
2. Invest in keeping your toilet and bathroom clean at all times. The cleaner it is, the lesser the chances of anyone at home forgetting to use them efficiently.
3. Welcome changes in your loved ones. Don't be scared of new things that your kids want to try out. Change is how we progress faster.
4. Trust your kids. No matter what. Never doubt their intentions. And do not trust an outsider over them. Ever.
5. Get into the habit of sleeping between 8 to 9 hours at night. Every kid needs a good night's rest. So make sure the bedrooms are comfortable enough to fulfill this one.
6. Don't get upset when you're kids make mistakes. Don't let your ego get in the way of good parenting. Which brings me to the most important point below...
7. Never compare your kids with anyone else. Every human being is unique. Totally. No point making comparisons of any kind.
8. Invest in good music. Buy a great set of rechargeable speakers for your home. They are portable, easy to carry while you're on vacation, and helps you save money on electricity costs in the long term.
9. Instill the habit of doing only one thing at a time. Teach your kids to do the same. Doing more than one thing at the same time is not a good habit to have.
10. Be a lover of the environment. Help promote nature, not destroy it. Reduce the usage of plastic, paper products, books, disposable batteries, Styrofoam cups, etc. Teach your kids to follow this one.
11. Be a superstar mom and dad. Give your kids an awesome life. Bring them up with love. They should look up to you when they're older, not down.
12. Plan vacations along with every single family member. Keep aside a monthly budget for celebrations both inside and outside the home. Don't live a boring life.
13. Always keep aside a bit of money every single day for the future. Emergencies come along anytime. It's good to be financially free at such times. I've experienced the great satisfaction we have when we have enough money during tough times.
14. Ensure each member of the home has a nutritious and balanced diet every single day. There's no reason to live life on leftovers and cheap food when you can easily afford the best food on the market.
15. Be a student of life. Develop this habit in your kids too. Strive to learn something new each day.
16. Don't depend on schools and clubs to educate your children properly. These days, most teachers care two hoots about their work. It must be your priority to educate your kids properly.
17. Be positive in your thoughts. All day long. Your kids should see you as a happy and positive person all the time.
18. Provide for a variety of hobbies for your kids and you during the week. Never live life without hobbies. That's a really dull way to live life.
19. Don't take credit. Ever. I've learned this lesson the hard way. Live only on what you earn and have saved. Never borrow. No matter what. Sell what you have if you must but don't borrow.
20. Exercise with your loved ones daily. The habit of dancing, spot walking, practicing yoga and meditation with my 8-year-old son and husband has helped all three of us stay fit for most of the year.
21. Help each other. When you help others in your family succeed you are actually helping everyone succeed more and more. If there is one thing that breeds success then that is success itself.
Mindfulness Trainer. Content Writer. Full Time Mom.
Home Chef. Nature Lover. Minimalist.
More Life Tips
More Posts To Read
The Top 6 Cuisines In The World
The Power Of Positive Affirmations
21 Things For Parents To Remember
29 Thought Provoking Ways To Live Better
How To Write A Diary Effectively
36 Messages That Help You Live Better
21 Tips To Make Life A Tad Easier
20 Thoughts For A More Fulfilling Life
21 Ways To Make Life Awesome
60 Ways To Catch A Liar
11 Life Lessons From The 'Lego Ninjago' Movie
100 Short Quotes About Success
The Rich Benefits Of Eating Grapes Everyday
40 Vital Personal And Home Hygiene Tips
20 Ways To Have A Better Day